General Contest Rules
1. Contests are conducted at various times throughout the broadcast day. Different contests will have different beginning and end times/dates.
2. For entries by mail, Kirkman Broadcasting is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, illegible or untimely entries. For internet contests: Kirkman Broadcasting is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. For phone-in contests, Kirkman Broadcasting is not responsible for power or telephone outages or any disruption of phone service for any reason.
3. For most Kirkman Broadcasting contests, there can be only one winner per household per thirty days. See specific contest rules for details.
4. The contest is open to all listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the greater Charleston or Myrtle Beach area, although some contests may have different age requirements for insurance purposes. Employees of Station, its licensee, Kirkman Broadcasting, affiliated entities, its affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Charleston/Myrtle Beach metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
5. There can be only one winner per household per thirty days for contests in which the prize value exceeds $500. There can only be one winner per household for the duration of any contest in which the prize is a cash prize of any amount. There is a requested 30 day “waiting period” on winning prizes valued at $499 or less.
6. All contest winners and participants must sign a release.
7. Cash winners must present a valid driver’s license and social security card upon picking up prize; prize will not be released without these cards. Winners of vacations, trips, and hotel accommodations must have a valid major credit card for deposits and incidentals.
8. For internet contests: To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry.
9. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online serve provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
10. Prizes not claimed within 10 days from the date of winning will be forfeited and become the property of Kirkman Broadcasting.
11. All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of Kirkman Broadcasting at 60 Markfield Drive, Suite 4, Charleston, SC 29407. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed within ten days of winning will be forfeited by the winner. Prizes will not be mailed. A valid driver’s license must be presented when claiming prize.
12. Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
13. Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
14. Odds of winning depend on number of participants in any given contest.
15. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
16. By participating in the contest, the participants, the winner or winners (and their guests or traveling companions if any) agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
17. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require participants and contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold Station, its licensee, Kirkman Broadcasting, its corporate licensee, its parent corporations, affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest.
18. For Internet contests: Station, in is sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of our Station’s Web Sites or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
19. Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
20. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
21. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification at the sole discretion of Station
22. Copies of these written contest rules, and the rules of specific contests, are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Kirkman Broadcasting, 60 Markfield Drive, Suite 4, Charleston, SC 29407